Select the ‘Structure Place’ button from the Linear Draft toolbar and follow the prompt to select a marker.
At this point, you should select one marker.
After selecting the 1st marker point you will now need to select a 2nd marker for the 2nd mast. Left click to accept.
Left and right rail selection will define the orientation of the structure and its annotation boxes.
In the example below, the chainage is increasing from right to left.
Accept the rail selection by left-clicking the mouse button. Once accepted, an additional prompt asking you to select the right rail will be displayed. The right rail for a Portal will be the rightmost rail of the last track that you want the portal to span.
Accept the selection by left clicking the mouse button and the ‘Create Structure’ form will appear.
Structure type 'Portal' will be pre-populated.
The ‘Create Structure’ form shows a view of the structure and displays boxes that require text to be added as well as displaying engineering values that can be edited.
- Editing one mast length value will automatically change the 2nd mast length to the same value. The boom/gantry height will also be updated.
- Changing the boom/gantry height will automatically update both mast lengths.
- Adjusting the length of the boom/gantry will automatically update the RECOS of both masts. Half of the total boom length change will be applied equally to the RECOS on both masts.
- Changing the Top of Foundation (ToF) height, with the numeric controls, will automatically adjust the associated mast length by the same incremental amount.
If the ToF height needs adjusting to a height that doesn't allow the mast to be of an acceptable increment, then there are a number of steps you are required to follow. These steps are listed below:
- Change the 'ToF' to the value required. This will adjust the length of the associated mast, however, this mast will now not display in the live preview as it is not of an accepted increment.
- Adjust the 'Gap' on the opposite mast by the same amount and same direction as the 'ToF' change.
- The boom/gantry height will automatically be updated and will display a new value.
- Both masts will update and be of the same length and both will display in the live preview.