1. Run Installer
2. Click 'Next'
3. Take note of the installation location
4. Click 'Next'
5. Click 'Install'
6. Accept any security dialogues which may appear
7. Click 'Finish'
8. Navigate to the AutoCAD 2018 support folder, usually located at:
C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2018\Support
9. Open the file titled 'acad2018doc.lsp' using a text editor (if the file is not present, then create a new text file and save it as acad2018doc.lsp)
10. Add the following text to the document:
(command "netload" "C:/Program Files (x86)/Zebraware/Linear Draft/AutoCAD/LinearDraft.DLL")
(command "cuiload" "C:/Program Files (x86)/Zebraware/Linear Draft/AutoCAD/Menu/Ld_cui.cuix")
11. Save the file and open AutoCAD. The Linear Draft Toolbar and Linear Draft Ribbon should now be displayed.
If either the Linear Draft Toolbar or Linear Draft Ribbon is not displayed, then please follow the steps below:
Linear Draft Toolbar
1. Navigate to the 'Quick Access Toolbar' and choose 'Show Menu Bar'.
2. Go to: Tools > Toolbar > Linear Draft - Menu > Linear Draft
The Linear Draft toolbar will now be displayed in your AutoCAD window and Linear Draft is ready to use.
Linear Draft Ribbon
1. Type command 'CUI' and press Enter
2. Navigate to Customizations in All Files > ACAD > Workspaces > (current workspace)
3. Click Customize Workspace in 'Workspace Contents'
4. In 'Customization in All Files' expand Partial Customization Files > LD_CUI > Ribbon > Tabs > and then tick Linear Draft