The 'Split Models' feature will allow you to take a Linear Draft model and split it into smaller models.
To use 'Split Models' you must run 'Linear Draft Power Tools.exe'.
This will be stored in your Linear Draft saved location. e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Zebraware\Linear Draft\PowerTools
Once you have run 'Linear Draft Power Tools.exe', the 'Linear Draft Power Tools' form will be displayed.
Select 'Split Model'.
The 'Linear Draft Power Tools - Split Model' form will be displayed.
Click 'File>Load Model'. Choose the DataModel file that you want to load. Information on how to export a DataModel can be found here.
Once you have loaded your model into the form, the structures and accompanying information will be displayed in the 'Original Model' column.
Select the structures that you want to extract from the original model and click 'Add'.
N.B. Structures can be selected in 3 ways:
- Select a structure, click 'Add', then repeat for all other structures
- Hold 'Ctrl', click each structure, click 'Add'
- If the structures that you want to choose are consecutive structures within the list, then click and hold the left mouse button on the first structure and drag down to the last structure. Then click 'Add'.
The selected structures will now be visible in the 'New Model' column.
The top of the 'New Model' column has 3 options for you: 'File', 'Remove' & 'Hidden Structure'.
'File' gives you 2 options:
- 'Save As' - This will allow you to save the new model as its own DataModel. This can then be imported into your CAD file using the Linear Draft 'Data Import' functionality. Full details of how to import a DataModel can be found here.
- 'Clear' - This will clear everything from the 'New Model' column.
'Remove' will delete whichever structure you have selected from the 'New Model' column.
'Hidden Structure' gives you 2 options:
- 'Set Hidden' - This allows you to identify a chosen structure (within the 'New Model' column) as a hidden structure.
- 'Unset Hidden' - This allows you to change a chosen structure (within the 'New Model' column) to not be hidden.
N.B. The 'Split Model' functionality requires models to be built using Linear Draft Version 2019.1.197.3989 or newer.
If the model you are trying to split has been built in a previous version, then it must be rebuilt with the latest version prior to using 'Split Model'.